Monday, October 8, 2007

My First Podcast



I just finished recording my first podcast. Well...it's not really a podcast yet, just an mp3, but it could be a podcast. It was really quite a challenging task. Figuring out what to say for 10 minutes was the hardest part. You'd think that wouldn't be hard for a preacher, but it was. Then I had to find some music. There is lots of free music available, but none that was just exactly what I wanted. I finally settled for some music that was "ok" and went to work. I used the beta version of Audacity 1.3. It is almost as easy to work with as GarageBand and it runs on a PC, which is what I have. I got everything recorded, added in the music and worked to get it all set just the way I wanted it. Of course, once I exported it to mp3, I found several things I could do to make it better. The only problem with using a beta program is that it can be unstable. When I opened the podcast file back up, the program crashed and messed up my file. Fortunately, I still have the mp3. It's just not quite as good as I would have liked for it to be. Oh well, maybe next time. Happy podcasting everyone!

Addition: It is now officially a podcast. Check it out and tell me what you think.
http://swacheson.podbean.com/

No comments: